About Novel Entertainment
Novel Entertainment was founded in 2001 by Mike Watts and Lucinda Whiteley. The company specialises in the creation and development of successful children’s character brands across a wide array of media. Novel’s core programmes include Horrid Henry, Fimbles, The Roly Mo Show, Rockit’s Pocket and Ping & Pong. The company has produced over 650 programmes for television and radio, garnering multi BAFTA and RTS Award nominations, as well as a theatrical release and a variety of stage shows based on the company’s leading characters. The company’s brand experience extends into licensing and merchandising, computer games, interactive online content, music and film.
Novel's core programming includes Fimbles, The Roly Mo Show, Horrid Henry, Rockit's Pocket and Ping & Pong.
"Children are at the heart of everything we do"
- 2016 International Emmy Kids Award Nomination for CINEMANIACS for Non-Scripted Entertainment
- 2016 Children's BAFTA nomination for Horrid Henry for the Kid's Vote Award
- Three BAFTA nominations for Fimbles
- RTS nomination for Fimbles
- RTS Education nomination for Roly Mo
- Two different BAFTA nominations for Horrid Henry
- BVA nomination for Horrid Henry on DVD
- International Emmy
- Prix Jeunesse
- British Animation Award
- Plus multiple Baftas and RTS Awards
- Broadcast Best Commissioning Editor